GMAT is a computerized test to enrol into business management plans like MBA. It is done to evaluate an aspirant’s analytical skills in writing, reading and quantitative abilities in English. It is conducted under the rules and regulations led by graduate management admission council. The exam is for three and a half-hour. This time includes the break and instructions. The test contains analytical skills in writing, quantitative, integrated and verbal abilities.
The GMAT exam is to evaluate an aspirant’s rational thinking. It is divided into four parts. The first one is analytical writing to test the cognitive ability of the candidate. The second one is integrated reasoning; the main motive of this is to check the analytical skills to know whether the candidate is capable of dealing with complications. Other two parts, namely quantitative and verbal reasoning, are to test the capability to evaluate data in a systematic method and ability to read and understand.
It is a challenging test and candidate has to stay focused and study with a clear mind during preparation. Some students choose to study on their own while others prefer to join a coaching centre. Its preparation requires relevant books, appropriate study material, motivation and self-discipline. Most students prefer to join coaching centres to acquire professional guidance. There are different GMAT institutes available and selecting a suitable institute for GMAT coaching in Hyderabad is a cumbersome job. These coaching centres help candidates to achieve an excellent score.
Few merits of GMAT exam are as follows:
- It is a reliable predictor of academic performance in business programs
- It analyses the potential of a candidate to achieve success in business administration courses
- It is considered essential by the employers while offering business, financial, accounting and managerial profile to the candidate
- It ensures that the candidate has the necessary skills required to succeed in business projects
- It increases the possibilities of campus placements
- It provides the candidate with the chance to study in a foreign educational establishment
- It helps the candidate to analyze his capabilities and attributes which are necessary for career aspects
- It allows a candidate to select different managerial skills such as accounts and financial management, presentation abilities and communication skills
Different institutes giving GMAT coaching in Hyderabad guide the students to follow a structural approach and understand the pattern and syllabus of the exam. These institutes emphasis more on the quant section as it is addressed as the difficult one. It is further divided into data sufficiency and problem-solving. The topics like geometry, algebra, arithmetic, permutation and combination, number properties, pre-algebra, exponents and combination are covered in it.
Institutes emphasis on parallelism, misplace modifier, reading unseen passages, critical reasoning, subject-verb agreement, sentence correction, error detection, rhetorical sentence correction and countable vs uncountable for improvement in verbal reasoning. To enhance score in integrated reasoning, students in the institutes are made to focus on analyzing data, solving equations, evaluation of relation, interpreting and making inferences. Institutes teach different ways to improve reason analysis and argument presentation skills.