Design patents are different from design registrations, which protect the design of consumer products and designs of all types of manufactured items. A design patent protects that copyright law doesn’t — not only the design idea but also how it is expressed through three-dimensional drawings, sketches, or models. A design patent search gives the owner the exclusive right to make, sell or distribute a new design for up to 15 years from the date it was issued.
Why should you get a design patent search service?
The answer is simple. You want to make sure that your idea doesn’t have any close copies before investing in it and designing the product yourself, don’t you? A good way of checking this would be hiring an expert who has experience with patents for companies like yours. It takes time but will pay off as long as they come back without anything similar found. They are also great at providing tips on how best to protect what’s rightfully yours when coming up with designs or products based on your ideas; so if there were ever cases where someone had copied one of your inventions, you could take them to court easily thanks to their expertise- which can save you all sorts of hassle later down.
Businesses, inventors, and entrepreneurs need to use this service before applying with the Patent Office because it can save time and money if there are existing patents on their invention. When you discover other inventions like yours, you’ll have more information about how your invention could be protected from infringement.
- To make sure you’re not infringing on someone else’s design, which could result in a lawsuit.
- To prevent other designers from copying your designs and making them better than yours.
- To avoid the embarrassment of being copied by another designer who doesn’t know about your original design.
- It only takes a few minutes to complete the search process online, and it can save you lots of time and money in the long run.
- Design patent search is easy to do – all you have to do is fill out some basic information about your product or idea that you want to be protected before submitting it for review.
- You’ll get an instant answer back telling whether or not there are any similar products already patented with our service, so if there are too many matches, it might be worth looking into getting a trademark instead.
It’s always best to avoid lawsuits altogether by ensuring that everything is clear between everyone involved with the project – even if it means spending more money upfront. Getting set up with a reputable design patent service provider can help save time and make things easier down the line so that nothing gets missed.
Help you determine if your idea is original:
A design patent search service can help you determine if your idea is original. They’ll also provide information about what to do next, the best way for protection, and how much money it will cost!
A design patent search service provides a platform that allows inventors from all walks of life to find out whether their ideas are truly novel or not before they spend time and effort getting them patented.
Protect your ideas from being stolen by someone else:
A design patent search is a good way to protect your ideas from being stolen by someone else. If you want to ensure that no one steals and copies your idea, then it’s essential for you to do the same with other people’s work too.
Three types of design patents – utility, plant, and ornamentals:
Design patents can be granted for all sorts of design types, from fashion to household objects. There are three primary categories: Utility Patents. This type is primarily used when a new process or article has been created and includes improvements in the function of an existing product. Plant Patents cover plants that have been genetically engineered to produce better crops than their current counterparts. Ornamental Design patent- these apply only if there is no utilitarian purpose behind the object.
What is the process for patenting a design?
The US Patent and Trademark Office provide information on how to file patents. Their website includes an interactive service called Design Search, which allows you to search through registered designs for ideas to develop your creative product or idea that will be protected from competitors trying to copy it.
The process for patenting a design is complex and varies from country to country. A person or company that wishes to work on the idea of intellectual property protection needs an attorney who can guide them through this convoluted, difficult-to-navigate path. The best attorneys are often expensive but worth every penny to protect your ideas, so you may profit off of them later down the line when they become successful.
- Patent search service is a good way to protect your design.
- Search engines can help you find out if someone has already patented your idea.
- You can also use the patent search service to ensure that no one else steals your design.