In the beginning, writing an essay may seem like an incredibly daunting task. Teachers assign at least 1000 to 2000 word count per essay, and they are all expected to be fully researched and grammatically correct. If we speak of efficient students, writing an essay is not a big deal, and that very fact is enough to intimidate you. You end up feeling inferior wondering why something that comes so naturally to others comes after several pep talks and hard work later. You end up interrogating yourself and have a moment’s doubt, which may last till the day before submission.
Some students aren’t sure about the content they want to add in their essay, or more specifically, how they want to add it and form the structure. Sometimes they overthink and end up confusing themselves, which becomes prominent in their essay as well. Some students seek assistance from places like essay writing service UK either because they are too lazy or they succumb under pressure.
The first rule that every individual writing an essay must remember is that they have to be sorted in their head so that they don’t bewilder the reader along with them. This is a very common mistake among the starters who are new to writing essays. Another point one should understand is that not everyone becomes a genius in writing essays overnight. You learn by practising and making blunders. These small and sometimes big errors guide you to become a better writer. Following are some important tips that you can apply, next time while formulating an essay for your class.
- The basic yet most important tip to always start an essay with is an idea. You should have a clear purpose. If you don’t know what you want to write about then how are you going to explain the message to the person who is reading it?
- After you have decided what you want to write about, you need to brainstorm and pen down all the thoughts and ideas that are related to your topic. This way you can have a lot of options and varied content, and you won’t feel like you don’t have enough to talk about.
- It is always better if you surf the internet before you start with your work as it helps widen your horizon and give you more information. You may come across a lot of knowledge that you previously weren’t aware of.
- When it comes to adding facts and figures in your essay, it is recommended that you confirm it from a trusting source so that you don’t convey the wrong information.
- The next thing you have to be careful about is your grammar and sentence structure. If your sentences are constructed poorly, and they don’t flow easily, try another way, or otherwise, you will lose the interest of your reader, and that’s the first thing you can do to lose marks.
- While writing an essay, students sometimes go overboard and start using difficult and unfamiliar words. Even though incorporating a good vocabulary highlights your essay and gives a very settled read, always appreciate the simple words.
- The last advice would be to relax and find a friend in your essay.