General storage rules
- during transportation and storage, the packed siding panels must be on a flat, flat surface and at the same time be supported along the entire length of the panel fro vinyl siding;
- siding panel packages must be stored in a dry place, in stacks of no more than 15 packs;
- it is unacceptable to store siding in conditions where the temperature inside the packages can exceed 60 ° C, in direct sunlight, at a room temperature above 30 ° C, under a plastic film, without access to air and the possibility of ventilation.
Storing metal siding
Transportation of metal siding is carried out with panels securely fixed along the entire length. Metal siding is stored in places where it is possible to maintain a moderate temperature, while avoiding its increase. The load should be no more than 10 packages on top of each other, it is necessary to ensure that the panels do not bend. The shelf life should not exceed two weeks from the date of delivery to the place of storage until the start of installation.
During storage, it is necessary to ensure that condensation does not form or accumulate inside the pack, for which the packs of metal siding panels should be placed in the storage at a longitudinal slope of 3 °, and the thickness of the lining in the middle of the packs should be increased. During storage at the storage site, it is unacceptable to carry out welding work nearby, work with an angle grinder with an abrasive wheel,
The shelf life of profiled products should be no more than one month.
Storage of coated metal siding panels should not stored in direct sunlight, as this can cause a change in the properties of the adhesive and then the protective film cannot be removed. And so that pieces of the protective film do not remain on the surface of the panels, it should not be removed at very low or at very high temperatures.
Recommendations for loading and transporting metal siding
It is possible to lift and reload metal siding panels using lifting equipment in the pallet. For which temporary shelving should arranged for storing the panels, which must be shifted with slats. Loading and unloading with the help of a lag possible, and then the reloading process carried out one panel by the back side along the lags, tied with a rope.
It forbidden to lift the panels by the principle of tightening the panel or pushing from below. This can lead to a violation of the geometry of the sheet. It is best not to load and unload in very windy weather, which can also damage the siding sheets.
It should remembered that installation, as well as loading and unloading, best carried out wearing gloves in order to avoid touching with bare hands the contact with dirty shoe soles on the surface of a product made of steel with a galvanized coating.
Storage conditions must comply with all the rules and prevent mechanical damage. And the displacement of the panels relative to each other, as well as, as mentioned above, exposure to direct sunlight and precipitation. When storing sheets of galvanized steel siding, it must protected from contact with ferrous metal, copper and its alloys. The best shelf life is no more than two weeks from the date of delivery to the start of installation.
Storage and Transportation of Vinyl Siding
When storing and transporting vinyl siding, the cardboard boxes in which the panels usually packed stored lying down and no more than 12 boxes in height. The room should be spacious with a flat horizontal floor to avoid any bending of the panels.
Despite the fact that vinyl siding is not afraid of water, the storage room must nevertheless dry, where a normal temperature maintained no higher than +55 ° C. To prevent overheating of the siding in packs, it must not stored under a waterproof tarpaulin or plastic sheeting; it is also necessary to provide fresh air. Vinyl siding should protected from accidentally dropping heavy building materials or structures onto siding boxes during storage.
Transportation of vinyl siding is also done with all possible care. And protection from accidental exposure to adverse climatic conditions, impacts, pollution. As well as in the presence of reliable fastening – everything that can distort vinyl siding panels. Which can no longer effectively used during installation.
Siding Transport and Storage:
Siding is a modern and affordable facing material that has a wide range of textures and colors. If you decide to cover your house with siding, questions arise related to the transportation, storage and storage of material.
Transporting siding often starts with finding the right truck. The parameters of siding panels in length range from 3050 cm to 3850 cm. It is not difficult to find a truck with such a body length. Consider the following when downloading:
- The siding should placed not on the bottom of the truck. But on special stands so as not to damage the packaging.
- Pay attention to the fact that the siding panels do not wrap or bend during loading. This can lead to cracks and microcracks, which will subsequently affect the integrity of the siding during installation and operation.
- It is forbidden to lay heavy construction materials, non-standard objects with sharp protruding parts on the siding panels.
Determine in advance where you can place the siding panels. When storing siding in winter, you must adhere to the following rules:
- Do not lay siding on concrete, screenings, granite chips or soil.
- Be sure to place a ventilated base under the base of the siding packages. And make sure that no water accumulates under the siding.
- It is advisable to store the siding panels under a canopy or cover with waterproof material.
- Vinyl is necessary to secure the siding panels to prevent deformation if the stacks are out of shape.
- It is necessary to properly store and store siding not only in winter, in difficult weather conditions, but also in summer. In high temperatures, shelters and ventilation should also be provided.
If you follow the simple rules for storing and transporting siding. You can start installation at a time when it is convenient for you.
How to properly store and transport vinyl siding
In a large number of cases of damage to vinyl siding, errors in handling. It begins even at the stage of its shipment from the seller’s warehouse. And the guarantee for siding provided by manufacturers does not apply to cases of damage to the material during improper transportation. Storage and installation errors and how to install vinyl siding.
Here are some simple recommendations, the observance of which will allow you to deliver the material to the object in a salable condition.
- The length of the vehicle body should not be less than the length of the siding box.
- Larger and heavier boxes should stacked in the lower rows.
- In order to avoid possible displacement of the boxes during transportation and damage to the goods, it recommended to secure them well to the vehicle.
- When transporting siding without packaging, you should take care that the panels or accessories well fixed. And even better – protected from damage by an additional layer of some material.
To keep the purchased material intact and safe before the start of installation, it recommended to observe the following rules:
- Store vinyl siding on a flat, horizontal surface. Avoid sagging packages with siding and accessories, as this can greatly deform the material and make it unsuitable for installation.
- Store vinyl siding in a well-ventilated area. Do not leave siding under heavy cover (polyethylene) without ventilation.
- Does not store siding packages in direct sunlight and does not allow them to get very hot, including from nearby heaters.
- Do not let the packages get wet.
- To avoid damaging the panel locks, do not store siding packages on the rib.
- For long-term storage, try to put heavier packages under the lighter ones and do not leave more than 7 packages stacked on top of each other.
What Are The Measurements Of A King-Size Bed Frame HERE