QuickBooks users may face some error of h series and it contains QuickBooks error H101/202/303 and QuickBooks error H505 is one of the errors of H series. It mainly occurs because of the hosting setting problem. This error generally appears on the screen when the user opens a file that is not available on the system. This error also sounds like QuickBooks desktop error H505 or QuickBooks enterprise error H505. It can also appear when your file needs some additional configuration.You can download quickbooks tool hub to eradicate some common quickbooks fixes. If the below solutions don’t work in your case then contact QuickBooks helpline number and get instant solutions.
Some reasons because of the error h505 shows
- When hosting configuration is not properly done.
- When the firewall is stopping to find the company file.
- QuickBooks database server manager tool is unable to find the IP address of the host system to another system.
- Damage in QuickBooks .ND file.
How to know the QuickBooks error h505
- Your system will start responding slow
- Your system may hang some time while running software.
- You may also face some messages like ‘This company file is on another computer’, ‘QuickBooks has faced some problem and needs to close’.
- This error appears in QuickBooks enterprise and desktop versions.
- QuickBooks may crash your running program.
Ways to Fix the QuickBooks error h505
One of the easiest ways is to solve these type error is Download QuickBooks file doctor and simply run on the damaged file or the file showing error. And even if your error is not fixed then go to the below points for further ways.
If you see your file is showing error ‘QuickBooks has encountered a problem and wants to close. Sorry for any trouble’. Then go to below to fix
This error message shows there is an issue in hosting configuration.
- Open QuickBooks and go to file>Utility
- Now there you will see ‘host multi-user access’ option. Don’t make any change if you see such option it simply means that the system is not hosting the company file and then move on to the next computer
- If you see any option like ‘stop host multi-user access click on such option this will stop the computer from being the host
- Do this for all the computer except the actual host
After this check is there any error still there if there is any then move to another way for fixing such error
Another way to fix QuickBooks error h505
Edit the host file
- Open the Run dialog box.
- Open command prompt by typing cmd.
- Type “ipconfig /all” into the command prompt then press Enter to run the command.
- Note down the Host Name and IP Address. Repeat this process for all systems connects in the multi-user environment.
- Now edit the Windows host file.
- First, close all the software and go to My Computer or This PC
- Now unhide all the hidden files
- Now Open host file on the notepad
- Enter the IP address. While entering this information in the computer name, use the “Tab” key in place of the space bar to separate IP address and computer name
- When you are done with the above process, you can make changes and reopen QuickBooks in multi-user mode.
If you are still facing the error after trying all the above ways then you need to find a QuickBooks proadvisor who can help you to come out from such situations.