All About RAR Files
When we talk about the file archive formats, the zip is certainly the most prevalent format followed by RAR. While opening a file in Windows systems is easy as there is in-built application in the operating systems, there is no such tool for opening a RAR file.
As we discussed above RAR files are one of the most prevailing and most used kinds of files in desktops, and their usage didn’t change in Windows 10. Here in this piece of content will discuss the How to open the RAR file in Windows 10?
What Is RAR Files ?
RAR files are a compressed file that is used for ‘storing’ bigger files in ‘archives,’ to take less place on a hard disk, or transfer stress-free. You’ll smoothly classify the RAR file, with its name extension .rar. In order to open.RAR file by following the beneath steps.
In Windows 10, there are certain applications that can open RAR files, amongst which WinRAR, WinZip, 7-Zip are the most usually used.
Open RAR File On Windows 10
RAR file is the most used file format of an archive program known as WinRAR. It is the default program to generate a RAR archive file or open a RAR file on Windows 10.
How To Open The RAR File In Windows 10?
Open RAR FILES With WinRAR
If your Windows computer doesn’t already install the WinRAR, you can download it from the website and install a compatible version of WinRAR on your device.
- Now open the File in Windows to find and double-tap the RAR file, and it will spontaneously open in WinRAR.
- Pick the RAR folder in WinRAR, and tap on the Extract To button. Now chose a path or create a new folder to save the RAR files.
- Finally, tap on OK to start extracting the RAR folder. Once the RAR file extraction process is ended, you can open and view the RAR files.
Open RAR Files Through WinZip On Windows 10
WinZip is another prevalent file archive and compressor for Windows 10 and other operating systems. It is designed by WinZip Computing. WinZip is mostly used to zip and unzip files on Windows 10, but this application also lets you to open RAR files, 7z, CAB, ISO and numerous other file formats. Moreover, use WinZip to open RAR files on Windows 10. To do so follow the below steps:
Download WinZip Free To Open RAR FILES
- Open the WinZip official website, now download and install WinZip on your computer.
- Once the installation is finished, open the WinZip application by snapping its desktop shortcut, or exposed it from the Start menu.
- Now you can tap on File, Open the compressed RAR file.
- Pick all the files and folders from the RAR folder, or you pick the files/folders by pressing the Ctrl key on the keyboard altogether.
- Now you can tap Unzip/Share option at the toolbar, tap Unzip option and pick Unzip to My computer. Continue to choose a path folder to keep the extracted RAR files, and tap the Unzip button.
Open RAR Files on Windows 10 With 7-Zip
7-Zip is also one of the free applications to open the RAR file in Windows 10. You can download it from the website at the cost of nothing. To extract the file follow the below-given steps:
- First of all open the 7-Zip official website and download and installed the application. As per your device compatibility.
- Now find the RAR file in File and then, right-tap on it, pick the 7-Zip for extracting the files.
- From the pop-up window, pick the destination where you want to store the extracted file
- Then, tap on OK to initiate the extracting of the RAR file to the specified destination path.
Apart from Windows 10 these application works on the Mac device smoothly.
Quick Guide To Open RAR Files In Windows 10
- Save your .rar file on your desktop. If your compressed file was downloaded from a website, it may be saved in the Downloads folder you can find it in your Documents or user directory.
- Launch WinZip from your start menu or Desktop shortcut. you can open the compressed file just by clicking File > Open. If your PC has the compressed file extension associated with the WinZip program, just double-click on the Zip file.
- Select all the files and folders inside your compressed file. Or multi-select only the files or folders you want to open by holding the CTRL key and left-clicking on them.
- Click 1-click Unzip and choose Unzip to computer or cloud in the WinZip toolbar under the Unzip/Share tab.
- Choose the destination folder to save the extracting files and click Unzip button.
- Then You can find all your extracted files in the destination folder.