- 1 What Is Reddit ?
- 2 What You Need To Know About Deactivating And Deleting
- 3 What Happens When You Delete A Reddit Account?
- 4 How To Delete A Reddit Account?
- 5 Steps To Delete Reddit Account?
- 6 What Is A Throwaway Reddit Account?
- 7 How To Create A Throwaway Account On Reddit
- 8 Do You Need An Email Address?
- 9 Conclusion
What Is Reddit ?
Reddit is an excellent platform that allows people to create many opportunities by interacting with one another. Reddit is a forum and social news site that allows users to vote and socially curate content. The site’s name is a play on “I read it.” These opportunities are even more accessible if you have subreddits. Reddit allows you to create multiple accounts and allow you to delete them later. You can do this by following these steps:
What You Need To Know About Deactivating And Deleting
Reddit does not allow users to temporarily disable accounts. Reddit accounts are deleted permanently when you remove them. Your comments, if not deleted individually before you deactivate your accounts, will still be visible but the author will be shown as [deleted].
You can change your mind in the near future if you do. Reddit will not allow you to sign up with the same usernames before, There is also currently Reddit does not have an automated way to download your data. To request a copy of your user data, you must contact the company.
What Happens When You Delete A Reddit Account?
You should be aware of the consequences before you delete your Reddit profile.
However, deleting your account doesn’t mean that all submitted posts, comments, or other Reddit content will be deleted. The original posts and comments will be preserved in the threads. The content will be lost, but your Reddit username will vanish.
This means that your data will be deleted and you will have nothing. Before you delete the account, make sure to consider all of these points.
You will also lose access to any private messages you may have shared with others and your subscribed subreddits. If you wish to delete all comments and posts, you will first need to delete them. This can be done for all of your posts using the Nuke Reddit History Extension Google Chrome doesn’t have a built-in way to do this.
How To Delete A Reddit Account?
You can now delete your Reddit account by visiting the official website. This will remove all comments, posts, and other information. Reddit’s mobile app and any third-party apps are not able to delete your Reddit accounts.
You will need to sign in first with the account that you want to delete.
Steps To Delete Reddit Account?
- Click here Log In To do this, click the button at the top-right corner.
- After you have signed in, click the account name at the top-right corner. Click the button in the drop-down menu. Configuration settings
- This will take to you to the user settings menu of your Reddit account. You will find the Account Tab, scroll down to the bottom until the end Deactivate your Account
- Click hereDeactivate your account click the button to start the deletion process.
- The pop-up Setting Feed Settings Reddit’s menu will inform you that deleting an account won’t delete your comment history or post.
- For deletion of your account, please provide your Reddit username. Username And Password Make sure you have all the boxes in order. I am aware that accounts that have been deactivated are not recoverable Checkbox enabled
- If you don’t want to give any explanations, you can leave a comment. When you are ready to move on, click the Deactivate
- Press the button to confirm your selection Deactivate Please confirm again.
- At this point, your account will be permanently deleted. This is irreversible. You won’t be allowed to recover your account after this.
What Is A Throwaway Reddit Account?
Throwaway accounts are temporary accounts that can be used for a specific purpose and not your main Reddit account. You might be identified by your posting history or your name on your regular Reddit account. This can be very restrictive. A throwaway account is needed if you want to be able to ask questions or leave comments without being identified.
There are several reasons to create a throwaway Reddit profile:
- Discussing financial matters
- Talking about embarrassing or personal problems
- Asking questions about working for an employer
- Any topic where you would like to freely discuss it without being identified
Other types of online accounts can also be called “throwaway accounts”, such as email, social media, and online gaming. It is an account that you use for a temporary purpose but not your main account.
How To Create A Throwaway Account On Reddit
Reddit accounts can be created for free and there are no limits on how many you can create.
- If you wish, you can still sign into your regular Reddit profile while using a throwaway account. You can open a private browsing window (incognito), launch another browser, or use a different profile.
- Click “Sign up” on Reddit. Sign out if you are already signed in.
- Please enter a username and a password. You can use any username as long as it’s unique, but you shouldn’t use a username you’ve already used elsewhere.
- To create an account, you don’t have to enter your email address. But, before you click the “Sign up” button, make sure to tick the CAPTCHA box.
- Select any subreddits you don’t want to be selected and then click the “Finish!” button.
- With your new throwaway account, you will be signed into Reddit.
Do You Need An Email Address?
In case your password or id is lost, it is important that you add an email address. With your email ID, you can reset the password quickly and easily.
There are several ways to add an email address, without having to use your real one.
- Gmail users have the option to create a disposable account that funnels their emails into their main Gmail Inbox. If you wish, you can also set filters and labels.
- You can create an entirely new email address. It is easy to create a new Gmail, Outlook, or Yahoo account.
These are the details about Reddit accounts, how to create them, and what factors you should consider when deleting them. You should also add an email address to your throwaway account in order to make it possible to reset the password if you forget. It is easy to delete the account. You can follow the steps above. If you feel that the account is no longer of use, you can easily delete it. You now have all options.