Since medical treatments and diagnosis achieved great heights in the past decade, the tools like CT scans and MRI have gained much popularity. While many are still skeptical about undergoing a CT scan, the doctors recommend the patients to have a look at the report. Therefore, we have come up with this article to provide you a detailed report on what a CT scan is and how you can find the best CT scan center in Bangalore. However, before we begin with the aspects to determine the best center, we will emphasize our focus on the basics of CT scan and advantages of the reports generated by the medical diagnostic tool.
Bangalore has more than 30 Ct scan centers which creates the utmost confusion of which one to choose. Furthermore, each of the centers have specialty in providing the scanning services. Furthermore, you should never select a center which is popular because best is a comparative aspect. For somebody, price or cost effectiveness might be the criterion for being the best while some prefer the degree of service and accuracy of the reports. So, without further ado, let us have a glance on the basics of CT scan.
What does CT scan stand for and its advantages?
A CT scan is an abbreviated form for Computed Tomography. In layman terms, computed tomography refers to computed axial tomography scan that uses computer processed combination of various wavelengths of X-rays at different angles. The several angles and various images induces varieties of cross-sectional image which is known as tomographic images. With the help of digital geometry processing, a three-dimensional volume of the object is captured that involves the radiographic images taken around a single axis of rotation. The major use of CT scan is to develop a medical image that is used for diagnostic purposes
The images produced by CT is used to demonstrate various body parts at different angles that aids the physicians or the doctors to find the root cause of the pain or issue along the axial and transverse plane. Approximately, any body parts starting from head to toe can be determined by using the combination of X-rays.
The major advantages associated with CT scans are discussed below as bulletins.
- The X-ray tube rotates around the patient which eliminates the overlapping structures and thus, helps to attain a better shape, size, density, and texture which helps the physician to determine the root cause of the problems.
- Secondly, the diagnosis revolves around the patient which provides different images at different angles. These angles determine the focus of attention which is required by the medical practitioners.
- It is time effective as it reduces the time required to see each patient in the diagnosis room. Within a short period of time, one can get multiple images and find the issue efficiently. This reduces the time effort put in by doctors to find the exact location of the pain or injury.
- It also determines whether surgeries are required or not and becomes cost-effective.
- It improves the cancer diagnosis by reducing the length of hospitalization thereby, saving the time and costs of both patients and the hospital.
The cost of a CT scan
The CT scan cost in Bangalore has reduced to a much extent taking care of the bottom of the pyramid from consumer’s point of view. When Ct scan came into the scenario, the costs were elevated. But, with due course of time, hospitals acquired the technology and since then, the costs of CT scan have reduced much. While many still feel that the costs of undergoing a CT scan is very high, but there are number of factors that deals with the costs. The costs associated with a CT scan is mainly divided into two parts which are technical fees and professional fees. The technical fees involve the basic costs of equipment, upgrade, and repairs while the professional fees include the wages and expenses paid to the administers who look upon the equipment and read the results generated by the equipment.
Overhead expenses are other factors as well that adds up to the overall costs of CT scan. While overhead expenses include location as one of the factors, but location is just a mere factor behind the costs. There are other factors as well such as the facility, upgrades of the machinery, repairs, and professional maintenance from the manufacturers or service support companies. However, in order to achieve the maximum potential of the machinery, more patients are required to undergo CT scan and as more and more patients undergo the scan, the costs reduce to its minimum extent.
How to select the best CT scan center
If you are looking forward to undergoing a CT scan, then there are three considerations that you should acknowledge. The three aspects are discussed below:
- Each of the CT scan centers have been bundled with packages. The packages include either a certain segment scanning or full body scan. While full body scan requires much time and costs higher, the physicians generally recommend body part scanning that makes their work easier. These packages include senior packages, women packages, and family packages providing a value to the Indian customers.
- As already mentioned, that best is a comparative degree as some might prefer service over price while others might prefer costs over service. But, in any case, a better CT scan center in Bangalore should be able to provide you with the balance of service and costs.
- Lastly, the CT scan center should be able to provide you with reports at the earliest. It is no doubt that time is money and therefore, you should be looking for a center that will offer you a quick service followed by quick report generation.
So, these are some of the factors that you should look forward to in a CT scan center in Bangalore. The efficient, the better. Moreover, you are also eligible to get a pamphlet beforehand from different medical institutions to help you determine the best CT scan center for you in Bangalore.