Nuts such as almonds and cashews are very popular as a quick snack among Australia’s majority.
People from any kind of diet can buy bulk nuts from local or online stores and can include them in daily breakfast meals or even as snacks from time to time.
Australia’s production value and export of nuts have raised a significant market value, with almonds being the most valued at 954 million dollars, followed by macadamias and pistachios.
Packed with essential protein and healthy fat, it comes as no surprise why it’s a popular delicacy in the country, with many meals incorporating an ingredient drawn from bulk nuts.
Take a look at some of the best health benefits of including nuts in the daily diet:
- Antioxidant Batteries: Nuts are a great source of antioxidants by neutralizing unstable molecules prone to oxidative stress. The antioxidative capacity is mainly due to a compound known as polyphenol that can break down certain types of cholesterol and combat free radicals.
- Anti Inflammatory Properties: Long-term inflammation can be harmful to the body and increase the risk of damage to vital organs. A study conducted among a group of individuals has found that nuts can combat inflammation in the body and even reduce the body’s tendency to age prematurely.
- A Healthy Dose OfFibre: It’s common knowledge that the body has no digestive mechanism to ingest fibre, but the bacterial colon can. A large category of beneficial fibre is food for these bacteria and turns them into fatty acids that can improve gut functioning and health. Fibre also helps keep the stomach full, and the consumer may indulge in fewer calories over time, which inevitably aids in weight loss.
- Cardiovascular Health: Nuts play a very important role in aiding cardiovascular health, especially for those at risk for heart attacks. They contain effective compounds like plant sterols and omega three fatty acids that play a crucial role in heart health. Vitamin E, unsaturated fats and fibre also play a significant role in aiding the health process. Buying bulk nuts and including them in regular diets can effectively lower triglyceride and cholesterol levels in the body. They also lower the levels of inflammation and improve the lining of the epithelial cells of the heart. Consequently, the risk of blood clot formation is significantly reduced, and heart diseases can be kept at bay with a daily diet of nuts.
- Highly Nutritious: Nuts pack a whole range of nutrients like calories, proteins, carbs, magnesium, vitamin E, manganese and phosphorus, among others. For people on a low carb diet, nuts are recommended to get the necessary nutrients in a single serving.
Common Nuts In Australia And Their Best Benefits:
- Almonds: A rich source of calcium and vitamin E with certain anti-ageing benefits to the skin. They also contain flavonoids that have been medically found to improve cardiovascular health.
- Macadamias: Macadamias are commonly used to add flavours or as a vital ingredient in many dishes and recipes. Many sweet dishes and savoury delicacies incorporate macadamias to add texture and flavour. Being rich in fibre, they also contain other healthy minerals such as potassium, calcium and magnesium.
- Pistachios: These types of nuts keep a check on hormone levels with the help of vitamin B6. They also contain antioxidants like zeaxanthin which are known for protecting the eye area.
- Cashews: Cashews are healthy choices for those following a vegetarian diet, with nuts rich in zinc and iron along with a considerable amount of protein. Cashews are widely used on numerous dishes, bakery products and treats.