Are you going to appear for the Class 10 board exam this year? Have you prepared your own notes? If your answer is no, then read this article thoroughly. Here, you will know how important it is to create your own notes for Class 10 board exam preparation. Apart from it, you will learn how to make effective notes for the board exam. Note-making is one of the crucial parts when students begin their exam preparation. These notes come in handy which can be carried to the examination hall. It also helps them to revise the entire chapter just before the final exam.
What is Note Making?
Note making is not about writing down the things or topics you hear or read. It is a process of organising information and ideas properly. It also includes reviewing, correlating and synthesizing the thoughts from your lectures or reading.
Your memory can grasp and hold information only until new information comes along to replace it. This means that long term learning doesn’t occur in classes. You can retain the information only when you have studied it by yourself. Note creation gives you a lasting record of a Class. You don’t need to go through the entire chapter. So, by making the notes, you can quickly revise the topics. Students can go through these notes when they start their revision two to three months before the exam. Students can also take reference from CBSE Question Papers for Class 10 to understand what kind of questions and topics are focused more on. Previous year questions for Class 10 can be accessed from the official website of CBSE Board.
Benefits of Making Notes for 10th Board Exam Preparation
There are numerous advantages to making notes. Although we have listed a few of them below:
1) It will help you remember the content since you write and prepare your own notes.
2) You can have a quick glance at the notes during your revision. So, it will save your time during studies.
3) Often, the structure of sentences used in the textbooks is quite difficult to read and understand. So, while making notes, you’ll be writing the same sentence but in your own words. Doing so will assure that you don’t end up writing something wrong in the examination.
4) Studying something from your own handwriting is easier and faster than studying from printed material. It helps in understanding the topics easily.
5) By making separate notes of each chapter for each subject, you can go through the main concepts anytime. It will be of great help when you get confused or forget it.
6) It will boost your confidence level so that you attempt the exam boldly.
7) It helps you understand what you are learning and clarifies your doubts.
How to Make Effective Notes?
Note making is a crucial skill. It is not just limited to school learning but also helpful in college and the workplace. Good note-making skills are essential to our lives. Therefore, students must learn note-making techniques at the school level, not just to score marks but also for the career ahead. Below are a few points that will help you in creating effective notes:
- Identify the important topic
- Write down in the shortest form
- Use table and diagrams
- Write down formulas in a sheet
- Use bullets points in notes
- Keep the information organised and structured
We hope you would have understood how useful it is to make CBSE English Notes For Class 10 exams while studying. Along with notes students can also take help of CBSE guide, sample papers, etc. for exam preparation. Keep working hard, and don’t forget to solve the sample papers and previous years question papers during your revision. It will help understand the last year exam trend and difficulty level of questions asked in the exam.