QuickBooks error H505 happens once you attempt to open a corporation file that’s not placed on your laptop. this might additionally seem once the QuickBooks company file needs some further configuration.
Step 1: Follow the steps betting on however you host your company files
Host your own network
If you haven’t already, follow the steps to put in QuickBooks info Server Manager on your server for every version of QuickBooks you employ. Your server is that the laptop that hosts your company’s files. when putting in the info Server Manager, continue with the sections below.
There are 2 ways in which to line up QuickBooks info Server Manager:
Full Program Options: you put in the complete version of QuickBooks Desktop and info Server Manager on your server laptop.
Server solely option: you put in info Server Manager only on your server laptop.
Hosting Your Network with Windows Server 2012 necessities R2
If you employ Windows Server 2012 necessities R2 to host your network,
Using QuickBooks Enterprise Hosting
If you employ QuickBooks Enterprise Hosting, don’t follow the steps during this article. Contact the United States in order that we will assist you to reset the server and fix the matter.
Using another hosting resolution
If you employ the other resolution, like Right Networks or our related to Intu Hosting suppliers, contact them on to facilitate resume your hosting surroundings. you’ll get to work with them whereas troubleshooting
Important: Devices like Network connected Storage (NAS) don’t support the info Server Manager.
Step 2: Transfer and install the QuickBooks Tool Hub on your server
- QuickBooks Tool Hub helps to mend common errors.
- Close QuickBooks.
- Install the QuickBooks file doctor into your system. Save the file anyplace you’ll be able to notice it simply (such as your Downloads folder or your Windows desktop).
- Click on it and open (QuickBooksToolHub.exe).
- Follow the on-screen steps to determine and comply with the terms and conditions.
Solution 3: See if correct services are running
This resolution and therefore the settings below that require to be tweaked are those associated with the server laptop or host that has got to have the choice displayed in solution one. There are some services running on server computers (QuickbooksDBXX and QBCFMonitorService) all the time, therefore check that they’re.
If you’re employing a version of Windows older than Windows ten, the simplest means for you to access services running on your computer is by clicking the beginning button and navigating to the Run window.
Type ‘services.msc’ within the window and look forward to the list of services to open.
- If you’re victimization Windows ten, you’ll be able to additionally use the services victimization the Ctrl + Shift + Esc key combination to remark the task manager.
- After you with success open the services, follow the directions below.
- Then you have to find the QuickbooksDBXX by clicking on the Name column.
- After that Right-click the service and click on Properties.
- Navigate to Startup kind and set it to Automatic however check that that this service standing is on or on.
- If the standing says that it’s stopped, then you’ve got to click on the beginning button placed within the Properties window before continuing.
- Next, click on the Recovery tab, 1st find the failure choice and select Resume Service. this feature ensures that the service can restart mechanically if it fails. Do an equivalent for the second failure and future failures.
The service ought to begin currently and you’ll haven’t any drawback handling it within the future. However, on clicking begin, you’ll receive the subsequent error message:
Solution 4: Open network ports to transmit knowledge victimization QuickBooks
Firewalls will forestall QuickBooks from accessing the net properly and this is often a significant concern. completely different firewalls may be put in on your laptop however it’s not counseled to use over one. Let’s check that that QuickBooks’ files aren’t blocked by the Windows Firewall and that we open the ports the appliance is victimization.
Navigate to the board by finding it within the begin menu and click on System and Security >> Windows Firewall. you’ll be able to additionally switch the read to giant or little icons and now click on Windows Firewall.
Select the advanced setting choices and highlight the inward rule the left a part of the screen.
Right-click on inward rules and click on on the new rules. beneath the Rule kind section, choose Port. choose TCP from the primary set of radio buttons (TCP is recommended) and switch the second radio button to " specific native ports. to mend QuickBooks that update practicality,
We hope this article is helpful for you, and if you need any Quickbooks support number then comment below