Nikon camera is very popular around the world. Many people prefer to use Nikon camera to take photos and videos to record the memorable moments in the life. However, just like other digital products, Nikon camera will also encounter unexpected data loss. Often in a hurry, you may delete some photos/videos or format the camera SD card, or sometimes, the SD card may get infected by virus, causing corruption and loss of stored files.
Here comes the question: If it is possible to recover deleted photos from Nikon camera memory card, how to do it?
The Possibility of Nikon Photo Recovery
If you want to recover deleted photos from Nikon camera without making backups in advance, you have to make use of some reliable photo recovery software that supports for the specific file format of Nikon photo.
In these Situations, you have possibility to recover the deleted photos:
① It is likely to recover deleted Nikon photos as long as new data is not saved to the memory card after photos deletion.
② After quick formatting the memory card of Nokia camera, you can still recover deleted images unless the SD card is not reused.
How to Recover Deleted Photos from Nikon on Windows
It’s time to choose a professional photo recovery program for Nikon. If you are running Windows OS, we recommend this software – MiniTool Power Data Recovery. It is especially designed to restore deleted photos, videos from hard drive, SD cards, USB flash drives, and so on. Obviously, it can be used to Nikon photo recovery.
Install it on your Windows PC. We will guide you with detailed steps to perform Nikon data recovery. Just follow these steps:
- Remove the memory card from your Nikon camera and connect it to Windows pc with a card reader. Or directly connect the Nikon camera to PC.
- Open MiniTool Power Data Recovery and choose Removable Disk Drive module to initiate.
3. All the drives it can detect will be shown and listed. Choose the target memory card and click Scan button to begin the scanning process.
4. When the scanning process completes, you will see the scan results listed by types. You can open each folder to view the detailed items and select what you want.
5. After choosing the photos you want, press Save button and specify a proper location to save them. Notice: DO NOT save them to the original memory card.
With MiniTool Power Data Recovery Free Edition, you can scan and preview lost data for free. If you need to recover more photos, just choose a full edition. Of course, except for photos and videos, you can recover other types of files with this application, including almost all types of data from removable storage devices and computer internal hard drives.
We guess you have known how to recover deleted photos from Nikon camera easily by using this practical tool. If you are not sure whether it can find your deleted photos from storage device, please use its Trial Edition to have a try first.