September 18, 2021

Aik Designs

——- Creative Solutions ——-

What type of FSSAI License do you need for your Food-Startup?

3 min read

Are you planning to begin any food-related startup? Regardless of whether you are a food producer, vendor or owning a restaurant, you must get an FSSAI registration or license for sure before initiating any food business activities. In all the respects importantly, you are supposed to get the FSSAI registration or food license through the help of the legal experts of the food industry.


#1. Which are the different kinds of the FSSAI License?

Based upon the span of your establishment or food business operation, there are basically 3 broad classes of FSSAI Registration: –

  • Basic FSSAI Registration (for petty food traders) – This is necessary while the Annual turnover isn’t more than INR 12 Lacs
  • FSSAI State License (for medium scale food businesses) – This is compulsory when the Annual turnover is between INR 12 Lacs and INR 20 Crores
  • FSSAI Central License (for large scale food business) – This is mandatory when the Annual turnover has gone beyond Rs. 20 Crores.

 On the whole, if you are beginning a food-related startup, you firstly require a basic FSSAI Registration irrespective of any sort of food business it might be. 

#2. What is the validity of the FSSAI registration?

Depending upon the type of the FSSAI registration or food license,

  • The FSSAI registration or food license can be have validity of least 1 year and up to 5 years.
  • You need to renew the food license after 5 years.
  • However, after receiving your FSSAI registration or the food license, you will be supposed to show it clearly at the premise of business amid working hours or on the mark of the food bundle.

#3. What is the process for getting an FSSAI License?

Given below is the Stepwise process involved in getting the FSSAI License or FSSAI registration:

  1. Basic Requirements:

When you apply for the FSSAI license and send the request, you will need to clearly tell all your business requirements.

  1. Documents submission:

You will be now directed to give the scanned copy of all the required documents and information to us through mail.

  1. FSSAI Application :

Soon after the submission of information and documents, you shall file the application for obtaining the FSSAI registration or food license from the FSSAI authority.

  1. Inspection of FSSAI Application :

FSSAI authority will look at the application and do food examination at the premises. We will regularly catch up with the authorities at this stage.

  • Getting Fssai Registration or License

Within just 40-50 days (maximum) of the FSSAI application, the FSSAI registration or license will be dispatched on your address.

#4. What are the Required Documents for FSSAI registration?

The Documents Required for FSSAI registration are as follows-

  • The FSSAI application form
  • Photograph Identity Proof of the Food startup  Owner
  • Photocopy of PAN Card
  • Most recent Passport Size Photograph
  • Verification of Possession of the Premises(Land Papers, lease agreement or Rental Agreement)
  • Articles Of Association/Certificate of Incorporation/Partnership Deed, if appropriate
  • A broad rundown of food things FBO will manage and taking care of
  • The arrangement for Food Safety System Management [Not required for Basic FSSAI registration]
  • Extra Documents required for State FSSAI License
  • Plan or design of the proposed area
  • Point by point rundown of Equipment and Machinery introduced or to be introduced at the area
  • No Objection Certificate and a duplicate copy of the FSSAI license from the manufacturers
  • Authority letter with points of interest about the name and address of the individual responsible.

#5. What Documents are needed for getting a Central FSSAI License?

Moreover, there are some further Documents necessary for getting Central FSSAI License:

  • Water Report Analysis from an entrenched and additionally an administration wellbeing laboratory
  • Directorate General of Foreign Trade (DGFT) issued IEC (Import Export Code)
  • Pesticide Residue Report of the water for units associated with the assembling of mineral or carbonated water
  • Assigned milk supplier/Source of Milk
  • Confirmation of Annual turnover, whenever required
  • Meat supplier/Meat preparing units
  • Authentications apportioned by the Ministry of Tourism, if material
  • Vehicles turnover confirmation, only if needed
0/5 (0 Reviews)