A CMS(Content Management System) is a set of programs or software that allows a user with different permission levels to manage the content/data of the website. CMS allows a user to publish and manage the content over the online world.
Features & Benefits:
- Responsive Design
- Fast and efficient
- Shared resource
- Remote access
- Dynamic Content
CMS is categorized into three types:-
- WCMS(Web Content Management System): It is used for creating, storing, managing, publishing, and publish web page content which may be in the form of text, audio, image, etc. WCMS has two components:
- CMA(Content Management Application)
- CDA(Content delivery Application)
- ECMS (Enterprise Content Management System): It is the systematic collection and organization of information that is accessible to the right people at the right time. ECMS can be broken down into five major components and these are Capture, Manage, Store, Preserve, Deliver. Benefits of using CCMS: User can track all of his information, Reduce operating cost, Minimize risk, Improve customer service
- CCMS(Component Content Management System): CCMS manages the data at a granular or low level(component) rather than the document level, Component represents a topic, concept or asset. Benefits of using CCMS: Great accuracy, Reduced Delivery cost, Reduced Maintenance cost, Reduced translation cost, Traceability.
Why use a CMS?
There are so many reasons why we use a CMS but the main reason for using a CMS is to make creating and editing of content is easy.
- Rapid edits
- Accessible content management
- Safe interaction with the database
How to choose the best CMS platforms?
A good CMS makes the website faster to maintain. So, it is necessary to choose a CMS according to the priority or need of a user. First, get ready the list of requirements and then choose the right CMS platform according to it.
What to look in CMS?
Few important things should notice:-
- Quick and Easy Installation
- Simple Administration Interface
- Simple Template Manipulation
- Helpful User Community
There are many CMS software’s in the market which can provide you good features at cheap cost Examples:- WordPress, Joomla, Drupal, Typo3, Squarespace, Serendipity, Dotclear, etc.
Popular CMS for building a website?
|WordPress is the most popular CMS, powering about 35% of the web. It is easy for us. There are ready-made templates and themes for the beginner user and also good for promoting SEO. Advance users/developers can create add-on to meet their exact specifications. WordPress is good for Blogs, Portfolios, and Business sites.|
|Joomla provides some of the saman e advances features Drupal does, but has a visual-oriented interface, and it is more user-friendly. It has many functions that can be intimidating in the beginning. Joomla offers fewer themes and templates, If the user has a specific vision in mind so, he may need to hire a designer.|
|Drupal is an Enterprise-level tool. It has complex portals and Enterprise-level security too, it has even more powerful tools than WordPress. Many government sites use it. It is slimmer, requiring less memory than the WordPress site. It makes it slightly better than the WordPress(Less Memory, Fast Performance).|
|It is a free and open source CMS platform. The best feature of Typo3 is, it is flexible that companies, whether it is small or big, enjoy this platform. It comes with the hefty learning curve but it is not one of the most user-friendly platforms.|
CMS is a powerful tool for building Websites. When deciding which CMS is good for building a website:
- The platform’s popularity and ease of installation.
- The complexity of a website user wants to build.
- Features and benefits.
- CMS’s security.