- 6 Discord Operates With Administrator Rights
- 10 Follow The Following Steps To Do Delete Discord Files
- 11 Download Discord Setup From Official Website
- 13 Follow The Following Steps To Reinstall Discord
There were A number of distinct approaches utilized by people to work out this dilemma. Normally, the plans are simple enough to immediately implement without wasting too much time. Ensure to carefully follow the instructions and the issue must vanish right away.
There are many possible reasons we have a shortlist prepared for you to check out below:
In this case, the installation of Discord is to blame for either resetting its settings or reinstalling the program
This service is important for the app since it is closely connected to the core features of the software. Ensure that it immediately starts up.
Discord Operates With Administrator Rights
Running Administrator Permissions Discord is known to trigger this issue, so make sure this option is removed.
Like many programs, Discord continuously stores temporary data on your PC to help it run as efficiently as possible. However, sometimes, those temporary files can become corrupt and interfere with the way the program runs. In order to give Discord a clear run when booting up with your system, we need to delete these specific files.
Follow The Following Steps To Do Delete Discord Files
1. Start by closing Discord via Task manager (CTRL+ALT+DEL)
2. Next, right-click on the Windows start menu icon, bottom left-hand corner
3. Inside the pop-up menu, you will an option for “RUN”, select it
4. A small run window will pop up, in the open field, type in the following command “%appdata%” and click run.
5. A window should appear with several folders inside, select the Discord folder, right-click and delete
6. Once deleted, return to the start menu and load “Run” again from the settings
7. This time, type “%Localappdata%” in the same field and click run
8. Once again, find the Discord folder and delete as you did above by right-clicking and selecting delete
9. Now you can relaunch the Discord setup file and follow the steps provided to re-install the software
Download Discord Setup From Official Website
Now, that all the uninstallation and deletion of discord files is done, it is time to reinstall the Discord from scratch. Firstly, download the latest version of Discord setup from its official website.
Download Discord Setup For iOS
Download Discord Setup For Android
Download Discord Setup For Linux
Download Discord Setup For Mac
Follow The Following Steps To Reinstall Discord
- Start by right-clicking the Windows start menu icon and selecting the “Search” tab from the drop-down menu.
- In the search field, type “Control panel” and double click the search find
- Once in the control panel, you will see a series of options. Find the programs tab. Underneath the heading, you will see uninstall program. Click the shortcut.
- You will need to see the list of programs that are currently installed on your system. Find Discord, select it, and click uninstall. This shouldn’t take too long. Simply follow the wizard prompts to complete the process.
- Once uninstalled, right-click on the start menu and select “Run“
- Type in the open field “%appdata%” and click run
- Locate the Discord folder and delete it
- Reopen “Run” once more and type “%Localappdata%” and again, delete the Discord folder you find
- You will now need to redownload the installer from the Discord website.