What eating practices promote sleep? What foods should you eat before sleeping? And how can you sleep better and recover better thanks to food? As you will see, some simple rules can dramatically improve the quality of your sleep.
If you are wondering how to diet, these 10 rules of food hygiene will interest you. By trying to respect them as often as possible, you will give yourself the means to fall asleep peacefully and sleep soundly!
10 Rules For Knowing How To Sleep Better
- We always take the time to chew and eat in peace.
- We choose digestible foods. For example, avoid spicy dishes that are poorly digested or cabbages because they ferment in the stomach and are a source of bloating.
- Make sure to include foods containing tryptophan (which helps fall asleep and build serotonin) at dinner . And yes, you always have to watch what you are going to eat before going to sleep.
- We make sure we have an adequate energy supply. We will eat light before sleeping : neither too much – excess can cause digestive problems – nor too little – cravings can lead to nocturnal awakenings.
- We take care to eat well before sleeping: we finish dinner at least 2 hours before bedtime so as not to go to bed with a full stomach , which can lead to gastric reflux and heartburn.
- We do not consume alcohol in the evening because it is poorly digested due to its metabolism and can degrade the quality of sleep.
- Avoid drinking too much (even water) before sleeping as this can cause an urge to urinate which can interrupt sleep.
- We have a substantial and well-composed breakfast to start the day well.
- We compose our protein-based breakfast to stimulate the body and respect the rhythm of its activities.
- We stop caffeine and stimulants from 5 pm.
The Influence Of Coffee On Sleep
Coffee contains caffeine of course, but also phenolic acids (antioxidant), potassium , magnesium , phosphorus … It is very low in calories, around 2 calories per cup.
This beverage, synonymous with pleasure and conviviality, is as much criticized as it is acclaimed. We no longer know whether to ban or privilege it .
Many studies show the benefits of three cups of coffee a day against heart disease, diabetes and even some cancers. But beware, coffee being a stimulant, it should not be abused .
Is coffee good or bad for you? The Green Leaf chain
The health of the coffee drinker must be taken into account in determining the true consequences. Coffee can increase the risk of cardiovascular events if overused , but especially if the person who drinks coffee is overweight , smokes, or has high cholesterol or high blood pressure. It has many benefits to skin which helps us to look young and you can tell others freely how old am i.
How To Sleep Better? No Afternoon Coffee
One thing seems to be unanimous in the scientific community: after a certain time, coffee can have an adverse effect on sleep. We find ourselves lying in bed, waiting for a sleep that does not come.
This is when caffeine interacts with adenosine, a component found in the brain that slows down nerve activity . Caffeine binds to adenosine receptors and prevents the individual from feeling tired. What to prepare for a beautiful insomnia.
A significant consumption of coffee (especially in the evening) causes drops in the quality of sleep , which becomes both shallower and less restful. Some doctors advise against drinking coffee after 2 p.m. (the coffee that ends lunch) so as not to interfere with sleep.
So we can drink coffee, of course, but always in moderation . Especially if you have trouble sleeping!