Companies are still trying to develop a traffic app for PCs. The traffic feature on Internet has been rolled out on Google as Rand McNally Map Update for Smartphone devices to the Google search engine, which has been on the market for a lot of time now. Google doesn’t specify the user percentage as of now but according to data miners, it is steadily growing.
Recent mapping trends in the world:-
- Google has been trying out developments into its own mapping hardware and software and collaborating with Microsoft. Yahoo has also got a presence in this sector.
- Microsoft with Google and Yahoo as a standalone has been providing traffic data and Geo-Mapping for PCs and Smartphones.
- Google has been started to set its foot into the Geo-Mapping and traffic maneuvering world by collaborating with InRix Inc. to get the Geo-data for its Google Maps which is providing location-based data like Traffic and Parking.
- Yahoo doesn’t own its own mobile traffic service and it quite behind in this race in this regard.
Where all does the Rand McNally Update actually Work?
- Rand McNally Update can work on all most Java-Enabled phones and IOS devices and also androids phones.
- Wherever it works, it shows on Major highways by indicating Green for clear roads, yellow for mild congestion, and red for a full-on traffic jam and blockages.
- Rand McNally GPS Update sends real-time updates every 5 minutes from an undisclosed source. The service doesn’t work on devices like T-mobile and Verizon.
Updates and new Features on the Rand McNally Traffic Mapping
- In February Rand McNally Mapping Updates started providing a Mobile Application that could be downloaded on Mobiles via Play store Known as DriverConnect app that helps the Car Users to connect to the GPS systems via their devices directly, instead of having to install a specific device to their Vehicles.
- It is capable of delivering updates on traffic flow, atmospheric current situations, road closures and accidents and car stoppages to major US cities in America.
- The software shows the estimated time that a journey will undertake when a location is typed into the software on the screen of the said device before the start of the journey.
- The user also has the capability to save their favorite and frequently used routes in the device and some favorite locations also for later usage.
Harmony between the Rand McNally GPS Updates and Cell phone devices in the current Scenario
- Due to the increasing user base of Smartphone devices and the growing user dependency on these devices, The Innovators at Rand McNally are providing a new feature in the as localized data.
- In most states, using a phone while driving is blacklisted and outlawed so it remains to be seen what percentage of people can use the features while holding the phones while driving as well.
- Though a hands-free mode could be the need of the hour to overcome this setback and give users the power to use these GPS devices.
The City Navigator Israel programming arrangement has an onetime update that will carry new life to the Nuvi 1310 preloaded model or unique DVD programming by mirroring the most up to date road and area changes in and around Israel. A substitute alternative, the subsequent item permits clients to add Israel maps to their present GPS gadget. Garmin’s new Micro SD/SD card offers 60,000 focal points all through Israel, making authentic locales, tourist spots, eateries, inns and diversion progressively available to voyagers.
For the more exploratory sorts, Garmin likewise discharged a topographic guide of Israel on Micro SD/SD cards. While less dependable for road information, clients who appreciate open air exercises can discover point by point information about Israel. A portion of the highlights remembered for the land map are territory forms, heights and summits, ways and geographic focuses. With a good Garmin GPS, clients can see 3D landscape concealing with the Digital Elevation Model (DEM).
For those of us who are more daring, Garmin has as of late propelled a GPS System Routing/Travel Guide called “Attractions and Oddities.” Roadside America is for sightseers who like to discover cloud recognizes that are unexpected. Right now the Travel Guide is accessible for Garmin GPS gadgets; however the word on the road is that it will before long be accessible for Tom-Tom GPS frameworks.
The Attractions and Oddities GPS framework tracks areas, headings, long stretches of activity and contact data for in excess of 5,000 attractions and areas that are strange. This specific framework accompanies a huge number of photographs so you can get a trace of what you’re getting yourself in to. Normally, the spots included in the Attractions and Oddities application are not found on the traditional vacationer maps.
As indicated by Doug Kirby, distributer and editorial manager of gpsnavigationupdates.com. “Attractions and Oddities makes it simple to take an unconstrained side outing to the strange, just by hitting ‘Go’ to a close by place recorded on your GPS framework. What’s more, from that point, pick another insane sight…a monster insect statue prompts an enormous armchair, which prompts a gator ranch, and by nightfall you’re remaining on a UFO watchtower considering what befell your day.”